Saturday 7 December 2019

Which Nikon DSLRs have an autofocus motor in camera body?



I have a Nikon D3000 and a lens which has no autofocus motor. But under the lens, I have found a screw which rotates with the focusing control. My D3000 does not have any autofocus motor inside the camera body, so, I am thinking of changing my camera.


How can I find a list of Nikon cameras which do have a built-in motor?




Answer



Nikons with autofocus motor in body: D50, D70, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D7xxx, D6xx, D7xx, D8xx, all pro models (D1, D2, D2, D3, D4, Df). Models derived from those (e.g. D300/D300s, D3/D3x, etc.) also have AF motors.


Nikons without AF motors: D40, D60, D3xxx, D5xxx.


I think a D90 would make an excellent upgrade to you D3000. All the bodies with AF motors have better sensors than the D3000 except some of the older ones: D50, D70, D80, D200.


Full list can be located here (cameras without AF motor are highlighted yellow).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...