Sunday 1 December 2019

software - How to import photos and metadata from Flickr to Lightroom?


While exporting photos (and metadata) from Lightroom to Flickr is relatively simple, importing your own photos and metadata from Flickr to Lightroom doesn't seem to be as straightforward.


I have a lot of previously uploaded (and tagged) photos on Flickr and I'd like to add them to my Lightroom catalogue with the associated tags (and sets if possible).


In a perfect world, the solution would also allow for synching of the photos as new tags were added either on Flickr or on Lightroom, but this feature is not critical. I don't mind doing a one time import and maintaining things manually from there.



Answer



I'm pretty sure that Jeffrey Friedl's updated flickr plug-in for lightroom 3 does most (or all) of what you want, but I haven't really experimented with it yet. It's something I want, also, but there's enough complexity here I'm taking my time...


http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/flickr/publish


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...