Friday 13 December 2019

dslr - Sensor scratch: how likely is this one to cause problems and would it worth a replace


Well, I have scratched my sensor, or since I made research, I'd better say the infrared filter on top of my sensor. I have made sure that this is a scratch after I had my sensor cleaned by the service center.


I have taken a test shot for the purpose of demonstration and this shot has been taken at F 36 with the shutter speed of 4 second and ISO 100. The scratch looks like that in the RAW file when not modified.


enter image description here


After I increase the contrast heavily, I get the following result. enter image description here


And here I have attached the snap of the settings in my Lightroom as well as highlighting the scratches. enter image description here


I would like to ask the community here, do you think this is negligible and something that I can actually forget about, or would this cause problems in my photography? I shoot landscapes, and I'm interested in long exposure and I sometimes need to go a bit above F 16.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...