Sunday 15 December 2019

software - How can I force Lightroom to export metadata for all photos?


I created a temporary catalog for several shoots, but forgot to enable the (IMHO most important and should be enabled by default *shakefist*) check-box in Catalog Settings: Automatically Write Changes to XMP. I edited all the photos from one set and want to move them off my SSD onto my external drive and then import them into another catalog.


The problem is, no XMP files exist after enabling the checkbox.


I first tried selecting every photo, right-clicking -> Metadata -> Save Metadata to File. After a few seconds the process was finished, however only 1/10th of the XMP files were created.



EDIT: Waiting any number of minutes doesn't seem to help.


I also tried to generate 1:1 previews, but that didn't help any.


How can I force Lightroom to "flush" changes to XMP files for every photo?


Note: I would rather not use the export/import catalog feature because a) it takes forever and b) I still need XMP files in case my catalogs are lost/corrupted/etc.


EDIT #2: I can't seem to recreate this problem with Lightroom 4.x.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...