Monday 9 December 2019

equipment recommendation - What to buy first after getting the first DSLR?


I got my first DSLR (Canon 600D) with the 18-55 EF-S lens, now I'm considering to go a further step and buy stuff for my gear but I really can't decide what to buy first. There are a lot of choices but I think that some are more important than others. For example, I believe that the cleaning accessories with a decent tripod and a head are more important than an extra lens, also a prime lens would be nice, lens accessories like hood, filters, converters too. And an external flash is good to have too. But I'm confused what should I pick first. What is the most important things to buy after getting a dslr.


I'm interested in all photography categories except maybe sports



Answer




I suggest you should observe how limitations of your existing gear keep you from getting photos that you want, and make your purchase decisions based on that. It's very personal, so there's no single roadmap that applies to everybody. But they key to avoid wasting money is: whenever you're going to purchase something, have at least couple of images in mind that you want to take, and some vision on how you could use that in future.


There's one basic accessory that can be useful to almost any camera owner - a battery that dies in the middle of a shoot could mean no more photos that night, so you might want to have a spare one in case that happens.


You don't mention any limitations in your question, so it might very well be that all you need to do now is use your gear to get to know where you'd need something extra.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...