Sunday 22 December 2019

equipment recommendation - Is there a camera that operates silently, suitable for use at a wedding?


I would like some advice or suggestions for a camera to use at a wedding.


I normally use a Pentax K-5 (which is quiet enough) and a Pentax K-r (which is noisy) but I have a wedding to shoot with a vicar who is very anti-cameras, in particular during the ceremony.


The couple have asked me to take what I can and it occurred to me that if I have a camera which can be set up on a tripod near the vicar and couple and operated by wireless remote (not infrared) this might work. However, it must be silent (or almost silent) when operated. My K-5 is very quiet but I want a electronic rather than a mirror shutter and it must have good low light capability as flash will not be allowed.


So I'm looking for something with:




  • very very quiet operation

  • wide aperture

  • tripod mount

  • capability for wireless remote firing


Note I don't need a telephoto or very wide angle zoom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...