Friday 20 December 2019

lens - Confused about T-stop number. Does it account for crop factor?


I understand that a T/stop number deals with how much light is let in, instead of the sensor size vs. aperture like the f/stop number. However, what I haven't found is whether or not that T/stop number deals with crop factors. As we all know, on an APS-C or MFT sensor, an f/1.8 50mm lens is actually behaving like an f/2.7 75mm or f/3.6 100mm respectively.


However, what I'm wondering is if my T/2.1 10mm cine lens on my MFT camera (GH5) is behaving like an f/4.2 20mm or an f/2.1 10mm. (Or f/2.1 20mm for that matter.)


Does this question make sense? I'm basically wondering if the T/stop number accounts for the crop factor, since it deals with the amount of light let into the lens.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...