Monday 23 December 2019

artifacts - Are these blotches of wrong color caused by a corrupt SD card?


My old camera was taking images that had blotches of the wrong colors when zoomed in, and I take a lot of macro pictures. I bought a new camera and put my old sd card into it and now it's doing the same thing. I can only imagine that it is the card, since that is the only thing these two cameras have in common.


I read somewhere that you should reformat SD cards ocassionally. I've never reformatted mine at all. Could this help my problems or do I need a new card?


Also, my daughter has my old camera and is using her memory card in it. She says there are no bad spots in her photos now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...