Sunday 22 December 2019

lens - Would it be better to use a 35mm prime instead of a 50mm prime on a cropped sensor body?



It's said that 50mm is close to what the human eye sees and is a very versatile focal length in general, especially good for street photography which is what I'm most interested in. That being the case, if I have a cropped sensor (1.6) would I better off with a 35mm prime since it would give me a field of view similar to a 50mm lens (35 X 1.6 = 56) as opposed to a 50mm prime which would give me a field of view similar to an 80mm lens (50 X 1.6 = 80)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...