Sunday 28 July 2019

How to reset Canon 70D WiFi?


When I go to the WiFi Settings in Camera (Canon 70D) all I see is:



Connection:



  • Exit

  • Confirm Set

  • Error Details (greyed out)


I can't recall the password or find any way to reset it. Some I found (Why doesn't wifi on canon 70D connect to my Android device?) say the Camera should say Infrastructure mode. Inside the Confirm Settings I can see on page 3 it shows:



Connect'n method: Camera access point mode




But again I see no way to change this.


On my Smartphone EOS Remote app there's a Connection Guide with completely different menus from what I'm seeing on the Camera.


Any idea how I can reset the WiFi Name and Password on the Canon 70D?



Answer



To keep this answer up with the times, I want to let people know that Canon released a new version of their app called 'Camera Connect'. Once you download it, you'll need to reset your wireless settings on your camera and your phone. There is a different handshake that occurs between your phone and the app.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...