Saturday 20 July 2019

How do I reduce the noise in this image / prevent noise in future images?


I'm Canon Powershot A510. I took photography as an elective, and I normally look for pictures later in the evening, as I find it more enjoyable to walk then. The problem is that - especially considering it's winter here - that it gets dark pretty early. This isn't a huge problem, as there are some things that look better in the dark, but I keep running into issues with noise.


For example http://i.imgur.com/eC5HU.jpg


The camera has four ISO settings, 50, 100, 200, and 400. I used 400 for the shot, a 5.5 f-speed (the lowest it would go for that zoom level) and a 1/60 second shutter speed.


I have photoshop, but the filter > noise > reduce noise doesn't do much. How can I reduce the noise on this image and prevent it in future images?


Also, any constructive criticism is appreciated. I'm not a big fan of photography, but I wouldn't mind taking pictures a little better.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...