Monday 22 July 2019

lighting - How to photograph books on location?


I must shoot rare books / manuscripts on different locations, some of them hard to reach (monasteries etc.). When I'm there I don't have much time at disposition. I must shoot as quick as I can.


I have the camera (Canon 5D Mark III), I have a tripod, I have also a stand (which I think that's a better solution - please confirm) but I'm thinking mainly about lighting.


I think that it isn't practical to carry a bunch of strobes and, also, it could be somewhat difficult to set up the entire thing (lack of space etc.).


I'm thinking now at a LED ring flash (or a LED panel?) to do this (a normal flash won't do because of recharge time (too long) besides other things).


Are there any other solution(s) and/or tips regarding lighting and, more generally, the entire process in order to accomplish my task?


Which do you think that would be my best workflow / equipment?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...