Sunday 28 July 2019

equipment recommendation - What features to look for in a motorized DSLR mount for astrophotography?



I'm planning a foray into astrophotography, and am looking for some advice on features to look for in a motorized equatorial DSLR mount. I'm interested in both wide angle and deep field pictures. I use a Nikon d7100, and for lenses a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5, a Sigma 150-500mm f/5, and a few in between.


There are so many options out there, so I figured I could get some advice here that would steer me in the right direction. Doesn't need to have a really high payload capacity, as it's just holding a D7100. Looking for something under $1000.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...