Sunday 21 July 2019

Where can I find firmware updates for Nikon and how do I install them?


I've been seeing for a while that there are firmware updates for cameras. In my current case I have a Nikon D90. Where can I find firmware updates and how do I update them?


Thanks for any help.



Answer




Nikon Support Site lists all the firmware for their cameras. Download v1.0.2 for the D90 using that link.


I believe the steps are as follows:



  1. Unzip the file

  2. Run the setup routine and follow the instructions

  3. When finished navigate to your desktop

  4. Locate the Nikon folder

  5. Inside this folder copy the NKLD01002.BIN file to the root of the memory card

  6. Turn on camera and go to the menu

  7. Go to the setup menu (the wrench looking symbol)


  8. Select Update

  9. Confirm firmware upgrade (e: 1.000 -> 1.002)

  10. Click Yes

  11. DO NOT TOUCH THE CAMERA while the firmware updates.

  12. Message appears saying firmware updated and that camera needs to be turned off

  13. Turn camera off

  14. Turn camera on and navigate to the firmware menu option

  15. Ensure version number is now the new version (ie: 1.002)


NOTE: I have already upgraded mine, so you may actually be prompted at step 3.



Update 1


You can follow the instructions here: Updating Distortion Control Lens Data If you want picture based instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...