Saturday 13 July 2019

lens - Can I use old Minolta AF lenses on my new Canon?


I just recently bought my first DSLR, a Canon Rebel t2i/550d. I use it mostly for video and it works wonderfully. I bought the kit lens with it, but I am looking to expand my lens collection. I found a set of old Minolta lenses from my dad, and I was wondering if I could use them on my new camera. The lenses are: a Sigma UC zoom 28-105 f4-5.6, a Minolta Maxxum zoom 70-210mm, a Minolta Maxxum zoom 28-58mm and a Kalimar 500mm lens. I know about the crop factor and that the auto focus won't work, but that does not bother me. Is there an adapter for Minolta AF/Sony to Canon EF mount? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...