Friday 26 June 2015

legal - Is this type of photo manipulation still violating copyright law?


I am a photo student and I am doing a photo series on contemporary art. I plan to take pictures of contemporary art from printed books (photo of a published photo of an art work). And I will be cutting, cropping, and putting the art work in a completely different setting. This setting will be something I stage or photograph myself.


This series will not be sold; it will be used to criticize the flow of the contemporary visual art. I plan to list all the photographs and the book I obtained the photographs from as part of the series. I just want know if this is ok with copyright laws.


I reside in the US




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...