Saturday 27 June 2015

lightroom - Verifying the integrity of your library


After reorganizing my image collection I moved a bunch of photos between different hard drives. While copying, I did get error messages. Fortunately, I had made multiple copies before doing the reorganization, so I was able to create my new image collection.


But since I got error message while copying, I'm getting nervous and would really like to verify the integrity of my library, i.e. check that all raw files exists, and that none of them has become corrupted.


Is there a way to check this? Or a tool that can check raw files for corruption? (In my case, Canon raw files, the images are taken with 500D and 7D cameras)


My image collection are split between a Lightroom catalog and an Aperture catalog. The latter uses referenced images, i.e. all the raw files are not stored inside the catalog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...