Thursday 25 June 2015

terminology - What is the correct pronunciation of "bokeh"?


I've had a lot of trouble working out how to pronounce "bokeh".


Amusingly enough, I've thus far been unable to get any of the small handful of photographer friends I have to ever say it out loud, despite setting up a number of lead-ins like "how do I get that nice blurred background... what's that called again?"



So yeah, please, tell me! I already sound like enough of a spud when I'm trying to talk jargon with photographers without dropping a big fat "bock-ee" in the middle of an otherwise serious sentence.


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...