Saturday 6 June 2015

Is it poor etiquette for a second shooter at a wedding to present that work without mentioning the primary business?


I just shot a wedding that I was hired for, and I brought my friend who is also a photographer to second shoot for me. I'm fine with a second shooter using the images they take at my wedding for their portfolio and for their business.


My friend just posted a picture on her photography's business's Facebook page from the wedding I brought her to. That doesn't bug me, but the thing I feel a little annoyed about is she didn't mention anything about that she was second shooting for me. She actually made it sound like it was her wedding that she shot. Nothing about that she was working with another photographer's business at all. She said something like "Just a quick shot from a wedding I did recently. Congratulations to the happy couple (then says my client's first names). They were wonderful to work with....". You get the idea.


Should I be concerned about the effect on my business? Is this normal behavior with second shooters? How can I safeguard against this in the future if its a problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...