Saturday 13 June 2015

Is it best to transport a camera with lens attached, or off?


I'm traveling now(I'm at Aruba) and I bought me a Canon 60D with the lens kit(EFS 18-55mm). I never used a camera that has removable lens like this one, my last one was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18, so I'm going to a lot of places to take some photos, but which is the best way to carry the camera and the lens on the case? My ideas:




  • Remove the lens and let the camera without any lens attached(just with the protector cover)

  • Let the lens on the camera as it is


Which one is correct? If I have more stuff like: More lens, flash and other things for taking photos, how should I carry them?



Answer



Take a look at this picture:


I am


This is how I carry my camera (Nikon D80), 2-3 lenses and a flash. Also a small tripod (not on this picture). Everything is easy and fast to access, and stay in safe while transportation in a backpack (I travel a lot on a bicycle - you probably know how these all shakes there).


Bag for the camera is a Lowepro (don't remember a model, can look if necessary), and an Adorama Slinger lens cases (attaches to a camera bag on both sides).



Everything is still working well (knock-knock on wood).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...