Wednesday 3 June 2015

file management - How do you organize your photos on your computer?




Possible Duplicate:
How can I better organise and file my photos?



I've just purchased a DSLR camera. As I wait for it to arrive I'm wondering how I'm going to keep my photos organized as they start to add up. Of course I've been taking snapshots of family, etc for years. But I've never really figured out a good organizational system. I will soon start to take more and more photos for artistic purposes that have nothing to do with my previous categories of photographs.


What are some ways that I can organize all these photos so that I know which folder houses a given photo?



Note: Could someone make this a community wiki?



Answer



I have 2 main folders : one for everyday life pictures, another for artistic pictures.


EveryDay
Family
........
Holidays
2010.10.28 - Groenland
Events
2011.01.01 - New year's day


Artistic
Great To develop
Developed
Photoshoots
2010
2010.05.17 - Priscillia shoot
2010.05.17 - Flowers in the square
2011
..........

Others
Clouds
Textures
.........

This allows me to quickly find a wanted picture.


In complement, I use a picture catalog software to manage and browse those folders, mainly to be able to find pictures from EXIF datas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...