Thursday 4 June 2015

group photos - How do I prepare for my first event shoot (large corporate gathering) tomorrow?


I just got a call from my brother asking if I could help him out with a work thing... he needs someone to take a good photo or two of a corporate group (about 250 people).


The photo will be in a hotel conference room. I'm assuming the people will be seated.


I am a complete amateur and he seems stuck, so he needs someone to at least try get a good photo of the group. With the gear I have..... Is it possible? I know it all depends on the room size and lighting, and of course the setup, but I thought maybe someone here could just give me a few tips on how to approach this.


The Photo gear I have is:



  • Canon 70D dSLR


  • Probx190 Manfrotto tripod

  • Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  • Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

  • Tamron 70-300mm telephoto

  • Yongnuo YN-565EX II flash


He also wants a few candid photos of the conference... I've had my eye on a Sigma 30mm 1.4 being sold for a bargain. Would it be worth getting this? (I'm looking for an excuse to pick up a bargain — ha.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...