Wednesday 17 June 2015

lens - Why is my Nikon 50mm f/1.8 giving me an fEE error?


I have a AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8. When I have the aperture setting on the lens to 22 I can take photos. But when I change the dial to anything other than 22(lowest f/stop) then I get a flashing fEE message and r09 where the number of exposure left is.


I don't have the manual for this lens but am just wondering if anyone knows what the issue is here.


My camera is a Nikon D70S.



Answer




Lenses with the aperture ring were originally designed for older SLR's which did not control aperture via the camera body.


Newer SLRs and DSLR control aperture via the body, so these older lenses must be stopped all the way down in order to be used. Your lens is working as it should, and is not defective.


To select aperture using your camera, ensure the aperture ring is set at 22 and shoot in either aperture (A) priority or manual and use the command dial and LCD screen to select the aperture you desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...