Thursday 11 June 2015

Can the Sigma TC-1401 1.4x Teleconverter be used with Canon lenses?


Essentially the inverse of this question - can a Sigma 1.4x Teleconverter (specifically the TC-1401) be used with (actual) Canon lenses, such as the EF 70-200mm f/4? By used, I mean does it mount (I assume yes), does auto-focus work, is it recorded in metadata etc.


I'm asking because I've been meaning to get the TC-1401 to use with my Sigma 150-600mm, and was wondering if I would be able to use it with a Canon EF 70-200mm if and when I upgrade my EF 70-300mm.



Answer



I've now had a chance to rent both the Sigma TC-1401 and a Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L, and can confirm they do work together - at least using my 700D.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...