Friday 12 January 2018

color management - How to select "white point" before calibrating a monitor with Spyder3



My Samsung monitor has the following Color Modes


Cool 2
Cool 1
Normal
Warm 1
Warm 2


With factory settings, the monitor has a minor red tint; if I switch to Cool 1, it looks normal; whites look white.


Calibration Question


When setting White Point in Spyder3 Elite, I have the following choices. If Cool 1 looked normal (eliminating the reddish tint), should I "dial in" that setting on this screen? If so, what does Samsung Cool 1 correspond to on Spyder's White Point scale?


enter image description here


UPDATE I set the monitor to Cool 1, Spyder to 7500k, ran calibration, colors look great, though based on the profile, I'm not sure why White Point shows no difference between uncalibrated and calibrated.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...