Monday 5 November 2018

equipment recommendation - What is the proper remote shutter release for Canon 5D Mark iii?


I got lost finding the right remote shutter release for my Canon 5D Mark iii. I have the Hänhel Combi for Canon, which I use to use with Canon 550D but seems no use with 5D Mark iii.


I googled and found a lot of different products but I don't want to buy a wrong one.


My budget is about 20£ for a normal cable release or about 60£ for a wireless one. I know there is one from Canon about 300£, but it's too expensive for me to spend on a shutter release. For wireless, infrared is not an option for me.




Answer



Canon makes 2 remotes, the timer model and the non-timer model.


The non-timer model, the RS-80N3 is the cheaper one. I don't own one of these. The timer model, the TC80N3 is actually a pretty useful device. I was using it, well planning to use to shoot the Leonids, just the other day. I've had mine for about 4 years and I seem to use it at least several times a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...