Thursday 15 November 2018

timelapse - Are there any tetherable compact cameras?


As I find the bulk of my DSLR too much of an inconvenience for most of my photography, I'm considering replacing it with a high-end compact (maybe a Lumix LX5). However, I'm getting intrigued by the possibilities of timelapse photography, so a compact which can be 'tethered' to a PC for remote control would be ideal.


Are such things available?




Answer



I don't know of any that can be tethered to a PC. However the open source CHDK firmware for Cannon cameras support on camera scripting that may fulfill your needs.


Alternatively for any camera that has support for an external shutter release you can drive that shutter release externally from a PIC or a USBIO module attached to a PC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...