Sunday 18 November 2018

equipment recommendation - Do I really need a wide-angle zoom lens?


I have a crop frame canon DSLR and currently have the 18-55 kit lens and the 50mm f1.8 II.


I love to travel and mostly take only landscape photos. Up until I became a stackexchange reader, I believed that a wide-angle zoom was a must for landscapes. I've since started thinking otherwise but I am not completely convinced.


I know I could use the widest length of my kit lens for landscapes, but I am not completely satisfied with the results. The images are not sharp despite using a tripod and f8.0. And the colors are no-where as good as the result from the 50mm.


I've been looking at picking up the Canon 10-22 for a while now. But it would mean parting with a significant portion of my bank-balance. I need some more convincing in whether I should or should not pick up this lens.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...