Wednesday 28 November 2018

yongnuo - Can I use a YN-E3-RT on the hotshoe of a YN-622C receiver?



I want to move my YN-E3-RT from the hotshoe to handheld to prevent camera movement between multiple exposures as I change settings. Will this work: YN-622c transmitter on hotshoe to a YN-622c receiver that has a YN-E3-RT mounted on it? I want the YN-E3-RT to act as if it was on the hotshoe. All would be yongnuo.


For example, with the YN-622 transmitter on the camera hotshoe, a YN-E3-RT mounted on a YN-622 receiver as in the original question. If the signals will work through the YN-622s, then I would have a handheld yn-e3-rt (it would think that it is on the camera hotshoe (I shoot in manual, multiple exposures of the same scene and need to make sure the images stay aligned.)


Is there someone with the equipment to test this setup before I buy the YN-622 triggers? If it works, use 1/200 sync and take a pic. The YN-E3-RT setup would be manual for setting the power level of the strobes (set in the grouping).


9/9/16 acquired 622c and tested - it does kinda of work, the lights fire but... I have 3 600ex-rt speed lights, grouped a b c, at different power levels on the yn-e3-rt, however when triggered thru the yn622c, the yn622c overides the yn-e3-rt settings, changes it to ALL and resets the power levels to the whats in the yn622c-tx. Is there any way to stop the yn622 from doing this ???


I did have some cheapo triggers that would work but they are very range limited.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...