Sunday 21 January 2018

low light - How do I prevent and/or remove hot pixels in my shots?


I am getting some noise in my shots on the black. I wondered if this can be something i can prevent or do I need to clean the image sensor? I am using a Canon T3i/600d/Kiss X5.


The shot was done at night. There was bright reflection on the water which you see to the right, but the tiny white dots to the left look different.



Do I need to just paint them all out with a black brush?


enter image description here



Answer



The bad news is that hot pixels are now part of your camera.


You can prepare an action in photoshop cloning each of them with the information next to it, this way you can re apply this clonning with one click next time.


Grab a clonning tool of a small size, 2 or 3 pixels and paint your image, not with black, but with the black that the surrounding has.


You also can try the heal brush.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...