Monday 8 January 2018

sdcard - If I swallowed my SD Card would it be readable when it emerged?


I am entirely serious.



As I walked conspicuously down a narrow alley this morning with my camera hanging off my shoulder I began considering how I would/could respond to a bit of rough treatment by local security forces.


Assuming I had some photos I did not want destroyed, the best possibility seemed to be ejecting and surreptitiously swallowing my SDCard.


Then I began wondering if it would be readable upon exit?


There are people on this site who will immediately find this question and premise absurd, consider yourselves lucky. There are others who have been to the less free corners of the world who understand how commonplace such events can be...



Answer



Apparently yes:



Police announced that part of the SD Card has since been discovered in Wakita's body (some Japanese blogs are reporting that they found it in his, ahem, poop). On the recovered card, officers apparently discovered the peeping pictures in question and arrested Wakita.



They are pretty durable things. It sounds like in this case the guy actually chewed it, and yet it still survived enough for forensics. But, if you're not planning on chewing, I might be a little concerned about it lodging in my throat. If you're anticipating this need, I'd say get an adapter and go for a microSD card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...