Thursday 11 January 2018

autofocus - Canon T2i doesn't seem to take crisp photos


I've been using my Canon T2i to do portraits for the last year now, and usually have really good luck with it. Most of my shots are up close, and turn out beautiful. However, it seems like when I back up and take a full body image (especially horizontal layout) that the image is no longer as crisp. It almost seems like the camera isn't focusing quite right. I do understand that there aren't going to be as many pixels to represent the person, but it still seems like they're a tad out of focus. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried different f-stop values (f/1.8-f/10) to increase my depth of field, but no luck. The two lenses I've been using are the Canon 50mm 1.8 and the Tamron 28-75mm 2.8. One other note is that I've tried attaching my flash as well to use the IR focus assist, but that doesn't help either.


The main factor seems to be how far away my subject is from the camera.


Any input would be greatly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...