Saturday 13 January 2018

post processing - How can I get rid of a black dot in a picture?


I took some pictures a few years ago on a vacation and the digital camera I used had a black dot on the lens so I took a bunch of pictures with an ugly back dot. Is there a way that I can get rid of them? Software, paid or free, doesn't matter to me.


Here is one of the pictures I took. You can clearly see the dot in the middle. enter image description here



Answer



What you are looking for a spot-removal or healing tool. The name varies by software but they tend to work similarly.


Adobe Lightroom has such tool. You basically place a circle over the spot, size it to cover and click. Then, the software searches of another part of the image with similar and uses that to replace the spot. It works quite well for areas of low-details like your example.



Now if the spot is in the same location in multiple images, Lightroom can even synchronize the spot removal and apply it to a back of them. You can then adjust the placement and size of the spot in images if it misses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...