Friday 26 January 2018

Canon 5D mkIII: Preview initially look underexposed when shooting flash


I was shooting today using two off-camera speedlites fired using radio-triggers. Images were captured in RAW. Mode was AV. I have the camera set to display the captured image for a few seconds immediately after it's taken. Weirdly this image would always appear severely under-exposed. However, if I then displayed the image again it would appear correctly exposed. I've now download all the images to the computer and all are correctly exposed. It's as if the camera is initially showing a partially processed image from the RAW capture. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it "normal"? Whatever the case, it's unnerving as I kept thinking the speedlites must not have fired. I don't use flash very often so need a bit of reassurance that something odd isn't occurring.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...