Sunday 23 April 2017

Are infrared DSLR conversion companies safe? What about DIY infrared conversion?


I'm investigating the possibility of converting a DSLR (Canon T2i) to a infrared-only body. I've seen several websites that offer this service, but man, considering they are tearing your camera apart right down to the sensor, this is something I'd want to ensure was done by qualified people in a cleanroom-esque environment.


I'd like to hear the experiences of people who have actually had a DSLR IR conversion done? How do the various companies compare? I'd also like to know if you had a IR-passing filter installed (or just had the IR-block removed) and what wavelength you decided upon.


I'd also be interested if your TTL AF and Exposure meters work ok after the conversion.


Also, I'd also love to hear experiences of anyone who has converted their camera themselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...