Wednesday 26 April 2017

autofocus - Why does my Nikon D5000's AF Assist only turn on in some automatic modes?


I am using a Nikon D5000 with a 50mm f/1.4 with autofocus. When I try to use manual mode (or aperture priority, or shutter priority), my AF assist beam does not light, which makes it hard for my camera to auto focus. Ocassionally, there is enough light for me to switch over to manual focus but a lot of the time there is not enough light for me to even be able to do that. It does light when I am in several of the auto modes (but not all) but I really don't want to be stuck shooting in auto modes in low-light situations.


So basically, my question is... is there a setting that I am missing? Why does my AF assist beam not light up when I am in any of the priority modes?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...