Saturday 8 April 2017

sensor size - What significant improvement will I get if I upgrade to Canon EOS 6D from EOS APSC 600D?


I already have Canon EOS 600D and I am thinking of upgrading Camera now after 5 years but I am confused over Canon 6D which is a bit costlier for me and the newer Canon EOS 80D which is in my budget. I want to know do I get significant improvement Image Quality wise if I upgrade to Full Frame now.


PS: I do not have budget for 5D series yet.



Answer



Either way, image quality will be improved dramatically. The 600D and 6D are roughly of the same generation but, since the 6D is full-frame, it will deliver much better image quality. While the 80D is APS-C, it is considerably newer which has seen much improvement in performance simply since technology has evolved.


Between the 6D and 80D, the difference in image-quality is relatively small. Image noise at low ISO is quite similar but the full-frame still shows a significant advantage at high ISO. The dynamic-range from the 80D is actually slightly better than that of the 6D. If you shoot often in low-light, than a 6D will give you the most improvement. If you shoot mostly at low ISO, either in bright light or with a tripod, there will be a much less noticeable difference.



Since you are considering stretching your budget for a 6D, remember that some or all of your lenses may no longer work. The two nice things about the 80D is that, you get to keep all your lenses without change in field-of-view and, unlike both other cameras, it has a 100% coverage viewfinder, so you can see everything that will come out in your photos. This has nothing to do with image-quality per-se but it will improve your photography as you will not have to worry about what may appear in the frame. Plus, much fewer pictures will need to be cropped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...