Saturday 29 April 2017

data corruption - Is there a way to recover corrupted JPEG files?


I'm wondering if there is a way to recover corrupted JPEG files.


They got corrupted because I deleted a folder for error and I promptly recovered it with a recovery software. Most of the photos are just fine but some of them have problems like



  • grey areas at the bottom

  • color/image shifts of some stripes of the image


I tried by verifying integrity with jpeginfo tool and it actually showed me that these photos had some problems related to the checksum Hauffman bitstream.


Are there any tools around which can try to recover these images? Some of them clearly show that data is still there, just messed up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...