Saturday 8 April 2017

Tips on a non-backpack camera bag for body with lens attached and two subsequent lenses


I'm going on a little photo vacation toward the end of March, and my lenses and body have outgrown my current camera and laptop bag. Everything fits in my current bag, but it's not a solution that would allow for any degree of rapid storing or removing of any of the gear.



I'm looking for a camera bag that will hold a D7000; a Nikon 24-70 and 70-300; and a Sigma 8-16. One lens is always attached to the body. Ideally, I should be able to get the camera and lenses in and out of the bag without taking the entire thing off. I'm thinking that a belt pack might be my solution, but I've never tried one.


Does anyone else with a similar collection (medium sized body, three medium size lenses) have any tips on a good in-the-field carrying solution?



Answer



I am really just recommending you what I use but the Lowepro Classified 140 AW is pretty great, and satisfies all those requirements. This bag is exactly designed for three lenses, where one is attached.


I recently carried the Canon Compact Macro, the Sigma 30 1.4, and mounted the 70-200 f4 L on a Canon XSi in this case around Europe for 3 weeks. This was a bit heavy on the shoulder after a lot of hiking(as much as 30 miles per day), but switching shoulders usually was enough to deal with it. If you need more room, I recommend the lens pouch which nicely fits on the side of the 140 AW.


The 140 AW is a really high quality bag. The straps are great, the front cover is very water resistant(kept my shit dry in pretty heavy rain in Belgium), and I feel like the front of the bag was nicely designed for carrying other accessories. One last nice thing about this bag, is the strap has a torso strap, which is nice for keeping the bag from swaying back and forth while you walk.


Good luck and enjoy your trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...