Saturday 3 September 2016

terminology - What do Hue, Chroma, Saturation, Value, Tones, Tints, Shade, etc. mean?


I've read several online tutorials about color theory but I'm still confused about how to "visually" catch color concepts and use them efficiently. The only thing I seem to understand is "hue" which is just a synonym of color, so anytime I can call something a color, I can also call it hue (correct me if I'm wrong). Here are the concepts I need to understand:



  • Hue


  • Chroma

  • Saturation

  • Value

  • Tones

  • Tints

  • Shade

  • Intensity

  • Brightness

  • Lightness.



Thank for you helping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...