Saturday 24 September 2016

Is focal length measured relative to the sensor or the lens?



I'm very (very) new to photography world.. I've been trying in the past few days to explore very deeply to this world.. But the more I dived in the more confused I became.


For example most of the videos that I've seen in YouTube and a lot of articles said that the focal length is the measurement between the front lens and to the convergence point, but some said (and it sounds more sense to me) that it actually from the convergence point to the sensor, so what is the truth?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...