Thursday 29 September 2016

How can I reverse-mount a Canon F/1.4 50 mm for macro photography?


I'd like to experiment with mounting my Canon F/1.4 50 mm lens backwards to experiment with macro photography (on a Rebel Xti).


What kind of gear do I need, and how do I go about it?



Answer



You may want a coupling ring ($7). This lets you mount one lens, in reverse, to another lens. This gives you insane macro capabilities, and very little depth of field.


You will find that focusing takes an extremely long time, and you need to set your aperture on your reversed lens first, mounted normally, before flipping it. Not-too-good-example


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...