Tuesday 13 September 2016

canon - How do I clean the inside of my viewfinder?


My viewfinder (not LCD) has spots of dust on it. What is the best way to clean the inside? I have cleaned the outside with a QTip.



Answer



I've cleaned the inside (bottom side of prism) recently of my 30D. You can easily spot the viewfinder element when you take off the lens. I then use the same sensor swabs and eclipse fluid as I use for the sensor. I suggest you bend the sensor swab stick 90 deg so you can sweep is more easily across the viewfinder. I think I also cut off a bit of the sensor swab since it was a bit too large. It is still awkward to clean it like this though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...