Thursday 15 September 2016

lens - Nightclubs photography, setup to capture the real mood and atmosphere?


I was hired to photograph at a nightclub on Friday. I've never done this before, and I do not have any specification for the moment.


I'd like to be able to capture the atmosphere at the right moment, play with the lighting etc.



I assume I'll also have to take some shots of people gathering and have their face/costumes on photo to show them off for their friends on Facebook and the likes.


I have a default kit: Nikon D5100 with AF-S DX VR 18 - 55 mm f/3.5 lens


Do I really need to invest in some TTL Flash, and another lens?


I've read different advice from people, some prefer to use a flash, some rather not use them. What's the best choice in order to stay true to the atmosphere and mood?


Is using 800 ISO best, or should I go higher?


Would it be preferable to rent a lens for the night and go for a f/2.8?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...