Sunday 18 September 2016

How can I take long exposures using a Nikon D7000 with wireless remote?


I have recently tried to take pictures of stars using my wife's D7000, but I couldn't get it to expose for more than 30 sec. In my old D70 I used the wired remote to do long exposures, but now I have only the wireless one. How can I get it to work?



Answer




You need to set the shutter speed to Bulb, which can only be done in Manual mode (turn the mode dial to M).


Once you've done that, and set the camera to use the remote, simply press the remote button once to open the shutter, then again to close it.


It's worth noting that there is a 30 second limit on bulb mode when using the Nikon ML3 wireless remote. You need to use a cabled remote for longer exposures, for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...