Thursday 15 September 2016

lens - How can I fire two cameras simultaneously with different settings but the exact same view?


I have an idea I want to play around with and I was hoping something already exists for it but google has turned up nothing.


I want to use two cameras synchronized to fire at the exact same time and have the exact same view point.



I was thinking some kind of mirrors or a crazy rig that allows 2 cameras to share a fully manual lens.


Of course one of the 2 cameras will either be configured for different exposure settings or have a physical filter sitting somewhere before the sensor.


Does anything like this exist?



Answer



You can try semitransparent mirror:


using semitransparent mirror to capture the same scene with two cameras


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...