Wednesday 21 October 2015

Should I convert my JPEG images to DNG in Lightroom 3?


I am new to LR3 and have decided to convert RAW images to DNG on import. However, I have about 8000 or so JPEG images that I have brought in to LR and I am on the fence as to whether to leave them in JPEG format or to convert them to DNG. I know DNG will take up more space and I think I can live with that. The question is how much is gained by going to DNG from JPEG and should I do it. As I understand it, the XMP data for a DNG resides in the file where the JPEG data is in a sidecar. My photos are mainly family memories and I want to preserve them. Appreciate any comments/suggestions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...