Friday 2 October 2015

Does the lens I just bought have a fungus?


I bought a used Sigma lens on ebay for my back up camera and it was said to be in "mint" condition. I got it today and look it out of the box to look at it and I was horrified to see that the front glass looks like it has frost inside it! Is this fungus? I have never had or seen fungus before. enter image description hereIf this is fungus can it contaminate my camera or infect my other lens if I switch them out?



Answer



The photograph looks like dust, but if you say it looks like snowflakes then yes, that is a fungus. See http://forum.mflenses.com/fungus-on-lens-t1301,start,105.html for examples and send that lens back/complain!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...