Sunday 18 October 2015

nikon - Visible discrete gradient transitions of glow on photos with long exposure


On my new Nikon D7100, when I set a longer exposure, instead of smooth transition, I can see the transition steps. It can bee seen on attached photo (the rough gradient in the sky)


Is it a problem of the settings? I didn't have this problem with my previous camera.



I also made some small experiment and tried to turn on Active D-lighting and decrease exposure compensation, it was really better. But I tried it on different place, so that I can not say whether it was caused by this and it should be "fixed" by turning it on.


Did anyone have this problem before or knows how to solve this?


enter image description here


Edited after comments:


Thank you for your answers. The true is, it looks a little bit different with compression. But it is not caused by it.. This is link to the original NEF file




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...