Friday 9 October 2015

How can compute write speed and capacity requirements for memory card?


I have found various online comparisons of write speed for memory cards.


How can I figure what limitations a given write speed will impose? For example, in the above linked comparison, the highest ranked card is listed as having "91.6 MB/s" with 64GB of storage. How can I translate this into photographic quality and length (video and burst). For example, if I am shooting 1080p HD, will this card be fast enough? What about 4K? How much time will I get?



I assume there are equations to figure this out, what are they?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...